Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blood Pressure: 400/200...

Yesterday....
So following Marisa's recipe, I created my own flat bread pizza crust. Well...I followed the recipe, but failed to execute the recipe correctly. As I measured and poured the salt into the bread flour, I realized I used 1/2 tablespoon of salt instead of a 1/2 teaspoon. Major faux pas...MAJOR. I shrugged off my mistake, dressed the dough with my favorite toppings, and slid the pizza in the oven to bake. As the pizza baked, I broke off a little piece of the crust to taste. Uhhhh...3 words...extreme saltine cracker.

Today...
So following Marisa's recipe AGAIN, I created my own flat bread pizza crust. This time I followed the recipe and successfully executed the flat bread pizza crust to my satisfaction. Since I like my pizza crust crispy, I baked the crust first for10 minutes and THEN I added my favorite toppings: sweet onions, diced bell peppers, portabella mushrooms, fresh tomatoes, 2% mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce. After I added the toppings I popped the pizza in the oven until the cheese melted....I think another 10 minutes. 2 words...Mamma Mia!







3 comments:

  1. Extreme Saltine Cracker... lol. OH NO. That's so something I would have done. Well, your second time was a charm. Beautiful! I love "personal pizzas."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too and the selection of toppings is endless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been making this recipe for pizza for a long time now. It smells SO good while it is cooking that you can't help but love it. I put goat cheese crumbled on it with some sauted portabello mushrooms & roasted garlic. SO tasty and healthy!

    http://www.recipezaar.com/Zucchini-Crusted-Pizza-base-69647

    ReplyDelete

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL respond to ALL comments via email. I USUALLY respond in the comment section, but I plan to start responding via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!