Thursday, July 2, 2009

OUT with the OLD...IN with the NEW!

The post title refers not to my long ago abandoned New Year's Resolutions, but to my recent food preferences.

Oatmeal and fruit for breakfast...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Instead of oatmeal, I found these Central Market Whole Wheat Flax Waffles at HEB. I topped the waffles with sugar free syrup and a pat of ICBINB. In addition, I paired the waffles with fruit (bananas and strawberries) and 1 Morning Star maple flavored vegetarian sausage patty.





By yesterday, I was so over those black beans. I decided to whip out the ole' cookbook, Eating for Life by Bill Phillips, and cook...no not cook... create "fried" chicken strips and oven fries.

Voilà le pièce de résistance!

Pictured above, a close up of my divine oven fries.

Pictured below, my chicken strips.


I made enough for today's lunch. Mmmmm...still delish. Each week when I make my pilgrimage to the grocery, I purchase one new food and/or beverage item. Examine the picture the below. Can you guess what I purchased this week? No, it's not a potato.


Fellow bloggers and blogees, I failed to watermark my pics. These pics are sole property of mesohongry, and any unlawful duplication without permission will result in blah blah blah legal mumbo jumbo blah blah blah legal jargon blah blah blah. You get the picture and thanks for following me.

2 comments:

First off all, THANKS for stopping by and for those of you following...THANKS for following AND indulging my MADNESS. Please feel free to holla back or provide your 2¢. I WILL respond to ALL comments via email. I USUALLY respond in the comment section, but I plan to start responding via email. AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT!